BLOGTOBER DAY 31 // MONTH REFLECTION

06:39

Just as a warning... this is going to be a longer post. Because I have a lot to say about this month! I really don't even know where to begin. But I will break it down into sections to make it a little more readable. Oh and before I begin HAPPY HALLOWEEN 



SOCIAL WEBSITES



So a part of this whole experience was amping up my twitter game... like a lot. At first I didn't really know if I was doing everything right. Once I downloaded Dashboard (an app that schedules tweets for you) things went a little more smoothly. I still haven't gotten the link situation exactly sorted out but Hey, it is a learning process. 

My twitter gained some awesome new followers (actually doubled in a month essentially) and my analytics were beyond what I ever imagined. I guess there is a lot more to twitter than I ever knew possible. The power of retweet sites, participating in blogger chats, etc. They all help promote not just your brand and blog but also your personality. 

I didn't do anything with Instagram and that's only because I'm not sure if I'm ready to get into that social media. But if things keep progressing (like I hope they do) I'll definitely think about it more. For now, Twitter is where my attention is completely focused. Also Bloglovin' but man... that website frustrates the crap out of me. 


BLOG SCHEDULING



This was one of the processes I most anticipated and also dreaded the most. At the start of the month I only had seven ideas for blogs. Once those were written I had a slight panic. I was working more but would have been really upset at myself for quitting after only one week. But I found, actually, that the more I exercised that part of my brain the easier it came to me. 

There were days, of course, that I was really at a loss for what to post. But then I would be invited to something that I knew would end up being a great post to write about. Writing ahead was always a bit of a process and sometimes better ideas would come after I had already written a post. But I would just put if off for another day and feel better that at least I would have an additional topic to add to the schedule. 


SAYING YES



So as I said above, there were opportunities this month that came up that really made everything even more incredible. I found myself saying yes to things more just to get something to write about. But, even better than that, I also had amazing experiences. The more I said yes to things the more I found I was actually really happy I went. I don't think there was a single thing this whole month that I regretted doing/going to.

I can sometimes be a no person only because I don't know how it will be once I get there. It's a terrible habit, one that I have been trying hard to break. For example, this weekend on Saturday night I was invited to go to IJustine's kick back Halloween party. She's a Youtuber I have watched in the past and almost freaked when I was told whose party it was. I honestly almost said no because I could feel my socially anxious side wanting to break out. But it was truly such a fun experience and I would have been so foolish to not go just out of a nonsensical fear.


PHOTOGRAPHING



I know I wrote about my month with the DSLR camera already but I just want to briefly say again how great that experience was. At the beginning of the month I posted old scrap book images from when I was a kid. And I honestly feel like, even though we all have smart phones, no one takes pictures like that anymore. So all the outtakes and family photos I took for me personally this month feel so valuable. But also the nicer quality photos that I will be able to look back on with a very fond memory. 

THE HIGHLIGHTS





So now that I've done the daily blogging thing... will I continue? As much as I would love love LOVE to keep this up I don't want to post just for the sake of posting. My goal was to do it continuously for a month. And I accomplished that and feel really good about it. So maybe I'll try to do every other day for the month of November and then do 25 days of Blogmas. 

As of right now that seems to be an attainable goal. But again, I don't ever want to force content on here. That's not what I want this blog to be about. Which brings me to the end of our October 2016 Blogtober experience. I am so beyond happy I did it and really pleased with myself that I actually finished something I started. If you've read even one of my posts this month I want to thank you! And stop by again next month Xoxo Sam



You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM