MAY MASTERPIECES

08:00



Who is this? Is this me? Coming here... with a blog post?


I can hear the roaring sounds of the audience in shock and awe. 


I've left so much abandoned when I started my job. I've left so much of myself behind. 


But I'm coming back now. I'm coming back to me.



Mmm, May. The light month, the spring month, the you-don't-know-whether-to-wear-a-jacket-or-tank-top month. 


I have always loved May. It gets forgotten in the sling of July's, October's and December's. It's no New Year, New me month. But it has it's beauty, a hushed one.


There is a lot of other things I'm loving this month. I thought it would be special to leave them here with you. Maybe you too can feel their awesomeness. 


Television

The Leftover's has become one of my favorite series and just as it's about to completely finish. Go figure...

The premise: one day 2% of the world's population disappears. No explanation, no goodbye's, just poof gone. I think it's most fascinating aspect is that this feels totally credible. What would you do if your husband, children, or loved one's left suddenly? It's something I've asked myself the whole time I've been watching this show.

Movies

This past weekend I caught the new Guardian's of the Galaxy movie. It was a visual overdose of color to begin with. It was an audible overdose of classic hits from the 70's and 80's as well. I loved it.


Youtube

I suppose I could put this with another but I'll separate them. Just writing out loud here don't mind me.

I recently began watching Tammy Hembrow's vlogs and videos. My sister showed me one and I found Tammy and her little family's life so fun to watch. It's light and humorous; with some great workout inspiration thrown into the mix. 

She also makes me want to visit Australia even more than I already wanted to... which was a lot. 

Yoga

If you follow me on Instagram you might know that I have been watching Yoga with Adriene on Youtube for about three months now. 

I love her practices and her insight. She helps inspire me to feel the light inside and not feel weighed down by the oppressiveness of life's problems. 

If you have been looking for someone to help you meditate, stretch, or work out then Adriene is your gal.


Books on Tape

I wish this could be under the title "Books" but I haven't gotten around to reading much which really is a shame. But, I have the next best thing: a long car ride everyday with a cd player. 

Right now I'm listening to "The Husband's Secret" by Lianne Moriarty. You may have heard her name in the smash HBO hit Big Little Lies, which she authored. 

The narrator has an Australian accent too... this isn't helping my desire to travel much either. 


That's all I really have to say at the moment. I moved house two weeks ago which was, in a word, exhausting. I'm pretty sure I not only hit a wall but came smashing through to meet ten more all at once. 


But I'm missing this and I'm not missing this. This being my life before the work, the B.W. era. I love my job and I love that it has given me the opportunity to move into a beautiful new home. But I, naturally, miss the day's of no work. Just me, myself, and my blog. 






You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM