Catching Up + 2016 Goals

09:55

hey hey hey! Wow, I truly hate to see how long ago the last post was written. This blog may not be super popular but I was excited to see the number of page views growing over the past few months as I put more energy into writing better and more interesting content. It really was more of an experiment, but one that I thoroughly enjoyed!!! When I got home from school I went on a mental and physical reset. You never know how much you have over done it until you come home and just go into total detox mode. Catching up with friends and family, preparing for Christmas, reading books I actually wanted to read, binge watching TV shows... the list went on and it was all lovely.
I was also feeling very unlike myself. It is not uncommon for me to get inside my head too much when I'm away from my family for a long time. The Thanksgiving trip was such a whirlwind I don't think I sat down for more than 5 minutes trying to see everyone and do all the things that I wanted to do while home. I always start to feel like myself again here... which can be both a good thing and well a really bad thing.
I am someone who always battles with self doubt. Sometimes it is the easiest thing to just be like no that'll never work out. Last year I really tried to be outside my comfort zone as much as possible. And I think I am still setting the foundation in my mind for being able to reach my own success. Call it life therapy because I know I came home at a time when I needed an intervention.
And that is what I am going to be talking about at least once a week on this blog. Discovery. That is my word for 2016. Every single time I am going to be in a new situation I am going to think about this word. As I am graduating from Uni this semester and entering into the job world... there are so so SO many unknowns. As a Taurus it is in my nature to have a hard time adjusting to big life changes. That is why I am going to create all the ground work and preparation to make sure that this giant change is nothing more than a smooth flow of gradual adjustments.
I ask that if anyone else is feeling the same that you come along with me on this journey this year. Having a community that is understanding and empathetic can make big life changes so much more possible to conquer. Sure your family is great but 9 times out of 10 they aren't in the same position you are. And although they may think they can relate they still see you and your situation from an outside perspective. But that is why the internet is so much fun! There are people like you, facing similar (if not exact) experiences as you are. I mean how rad is that. So come and discover with me my friends! Let's see how we can make 2016 such a beautiful year full of happiness and balance.
Be back soon xoxo Sam


You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM