How To Write a Blog Post That Has No Train Of Thought

10:48

To begin I want to start off by saying that one of my classes this year is english literature. Now for anyone that knows me English is probably one of my favorite subjects. Of course this also begins the questioning of why aren't you an english major? Well I have always had a realistic sense of the difference between doing what you love and loving what you do. I love love love to read. I also love love love to watch movies. However, when it comes down to the future I know that what I need to do in order to be successful is understand that I can still love to read and love to watch movies while working as oh I don't know... an advertiser?
Now for those of you who are doing exactly what you love (whether something with music, art, etc.) I commend you for being so strong. But often in life we have to do what we know in our hearts is right. 
I also love to learn. However I do not (and I repeat do not) love to study. Learning to me is the most amazing opportunity given to us. To be able to read a book or listen to a lecture and come out with a new or better understanding of the world is invaluable. 
To come to the point of this post (if there even is one) I have, I feel, a great understanding of who I am and what I like. I know my limits and I know what I excel in. Am I lazy sometimes? Of course. Am I right all the time? Absolutely not. But I know what I want in life and it has taken a long time for me to understand what exactly my reasoning behind coming to New York and changing my degree to advertising was. I think many teenagers nowadays feel like they are being rushed into choosing a major. But I have yet to meet a person here who has decided on a major say they aren't optimistic about the future. And perhaps we are too optimistic. But I would rather be naive than be jaded about the world at 19 years old. 

If you can, take the time today to think about what you love to do. And then think about what you are doing out of love (whether for yourself or someone else). 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM