BLOGMAS DAY 17 // WINTER NIGHTTIME ROUTINE

07:00

WINTER NIGHTTIME ROUTINE  


I love routine mates. Like, live for routines. When I graduated this past May and began my new job my routines were completely thrown off. My hours were all wonky and I never felt settled. All I wanted was a nice and neat little schedule that I could depend on each day.
Luckily over the past few months I've learned just how to make a schedule for myself no matter how out of whack my working schedule was. I've shown you my fall routine (here) but now that it gets dark at literally 4 p.m. things are a little different. 


5pm ~ Get off work

I would say 5 is usually my time to get off work. There's days where this time changes but recently it has been pretty normal.

5:30 - 6:30 ~ Eat Dinner

If I'm not working late I'll either grab dinner with a friend or sit down to dinner with my parents. I don't like to eat late because I feel too energized before bed if I do.


6:30 - 8:30 ~ Work on Blog

Obviously two whole hours of blog work is ideal. I'll usually put a movie on the TV (preferably a Christmas one) and just flip back and forth between the blog/Twitter/Facebook etc.

8:30 ~ Prepare for Bed

I love washing my face and getting into P.J.'s at the end of the day. I would say I pretty much think about doing this the moment I wake up in the morning. For my face wash routine I use Clean & Clear Night Relaxing All-In-One Cleansing Wipes first to take off all the initial makeup. Then I use the Night Relaxing Deep Cleansing Face Wash and scrub it all over my face, washing it away with a soft face towel when I'm done. I'll find my cozy jim jams, brush my teeth, and get into bed.


9pm - 10:30 ~ Youtube 

Just before bed is when I love to sit and watch all the Youtube videos that are in my subscription box for that day. Especially now that almost all my favorite Youtubers are doing Vlogmas I am usually overloaded with videos to watch. 

10:30 ~ Shutdown 

Shutting down kind of sounds like something a robot will do. What I mean is I'll usually shut my laptop at this time and unwind. If I have the energy to read I might do that for 30 minutes but lately by 10:30 my eyes are almost glued shut. So I'll schedule out my tweets and then skim through social media before calling it quits!



This is clearly my ideal situation but sometimes there are nights I go visit my sister or see friends.  On Tuesdays I go to Pilates and usually Taco Tuesday - but now that feels routine too. As long as I feel like I can control some of my time after work and have it to myself I feel good. If there's anyone else out there that loves routine as much as I do let me know (so I don't feel like such a control freak lol) XOXO Sam


You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM