BLOGTOBER DAY 17 // HALLOWEEN PARTY + PARTYING AS AN ADULT

07:00

So how about we start with the adorable decor of the party BEFORE we dive into the heavy stuff? I honestly believe that the reason Halloween and Christmas are so popular is strictly due to the special decorations that come with them. Would Christmas be nearly as magical without a beautiful tree, strewn with bobbles and ornaments that glisten in the fairy lights? Nope. It wouldn't. 
The same can be said for Halloween! The pumpkin orange, black, and purple are like a sensory pleaser. They actually make you feel different than you do at other times of the year. How incredible is that?
I'm going to attach some pictures of the party decorations below! I hope you find some inspiration in them as well...

HALLOWEEN PARTY DECORATIONS








TIS THE SEASON TO GAIN TEN POUNDS!

PARTYING AS AN ADULT

I guess this post is a double whammy but I really just wanted to touch on the subject whilst talking about parties! The party on Saturday night was so much fun and dressing up made it ten times better. The food was delectable and the drinks were poppin'. HOWEVER, my sister and I were both tired by around 10:30. The party, obviously, was not even close to being finished. We had socialized, danced, played a Hocus Pocus drinking game and just generally felt exhausted.
The reason I bring this up is because of the stigma that is associated with partying as a twenty-something. I don't think there's anything wrong with leaving the party at 4 a.m. or 10 p.m. The point is that you should never feel pressured to stay out just as you shouldn't feel bad for being the last to leave.
I think it has a lot to do with growing up and knowing your own limits. Could I have stayed out with the rest of the party? Sure, but I would've just been pushing myself to either drink more (which is not good for anyone) or falling asleep on the couch.
I hope if you are young and reading this that you realize you call the shots for what you can handle. Don't let the pressure force you to be or do anything other than what you want. There is no shame in being tired or wanting to go home when you've reached your limits.
Just felt the need to get a little ranty... but I'm definitely positive I'm not the only one out there with the same feelings!

It's week 3 of Blogtober and that makes me so so happy! Xoxo Sam


You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM