BLOGTOBER DAY 13 // CLINIQUE BONUS BAG

07:00


I really can't even deny it... I L-O-V-E free beauty products. I guess I could equate the feeling to walking through a candy store as a child and getting to pick out anything you want. But once you're an adult and someone says "free" you can bet your little bum you'll be smiling ear to ear. 
That, my lovelies, was me when I went to the Macy's beauty counter to pick up more Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation. The minute I saw that colorful little makeup bag with sample size products in the shopping bag I was basically skipping out of the store. 
Once I got home I went straight to testing out the products. So, I thought it would be fun to review Clinique's little gift. 

Clinique Bonus Bag


The Beauty Bag

While I enjoy my maroon and darker colored makeup bags there is something so fun about this bright colored number. The baby pinks and rainbow colors will no doubt brighten up my neutral usual neutral picks. The size of the bag is also really nice as anyone with an Ipsy subscription will tell you... bag size matters. 

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +

I am a lotioning machine so honestly knowing if something is working would REALLY take a lot of potency. There isn't a special scent for this which I know many people really prefer since heavily scented lotions can be overwhelming to some. I am not a part of that category but, nevertheless, I enjoyed that a little dot went a long way. The description says "Very Dry to Dry Combination Skin" which is great for the winter months as many places make you dry up and flake like a crisp (nasty description soz). So if you are looking for a hard working lotion, this may just be it for you.
Sidenote: after really reading the back thoroughly it said "apply to areas of the face" so... maybe it's a face moisturizer??? 

Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover

I have been using Micellar water for awhile now and I would say this product is pretty similar to the one I use. I did accidentally spill it everywhere when I went to put some on the cotton wall so... be aware. It worked well and took off my mascara too which can sometimes take a little longer with other makeup removers. If you haven't used micellar water or something similar the product can feel sort of oily when applied to I always make sure to really rinse after with lukewarm water to get excess makeup and oil off as well!

Eyeshadow and Blush Palette 

Usually I'm not big on blush/eyeshadow combos but I have to say I actually really liked the payoff for both. The blush is, again, kind of a spring color but would look great on tanner/darker skin tones as well. What surprised me the most is how great the eyeshadow pigment was. I blended the lighter gray into the lid first and then blended in the darker purple gray into the corner. I am eager to see the lasting power of both!

Clinique Happy Perfume

There really is no other way to describe this scent besides fresh. It is very flowery and refreshing to smell. Honestly this perfume always reminds me of the scene in Juno when she says "get a whiff of those sparkling top notes" and it really describes the scent perfectly. I think, at least in my opinion, it it more of a spring/summer scent. But, it is still a wonderfully light perfume!

Clinique High Impact Mascara

I think I've said this in a post before but for me Mascara is just kind of... the same. There can be different brush sizes, colors, consistency but at the end of the day it's just the goop we put on our lashes. This clinique one was a little bit lighter in terms of consistency than my usual Lash Sensational but still worked well. I like that it didn't clump my lashes even after applying a few coats. A few hours later and my lashes still felt well covered too!

Clinique Pop Glaze Sheer Lip Color

So I can't lie this color really isn't me but that's not to say I don't think it is a good lip color. Bubblegum pink just doesn't work well with my skin tone. As the name implies the coverage of this lip "glaze" is quite sheer. So if you are more of a lip gloss person than a typical matte or liquid lip I would recommend this.  





I hope you enjoyed this little beauty review and that you are enjoying Blogtober so far! As of tomorrow it will be two straight weeks of blogs (I mean honestly I REALLY commend people that can do this every single day of the year). Xoxo Sam


You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM