VALENTINES MAKEUP // RED & GOLD

06:58


It's February which means the arrival of the sometimes dreaded/sometimes wonderful day that is Valentines day. I can't sit here and pretend I've always been a Valentine's day supporter. But, in more recent years, I've just sort of thought hey, it's a day about love. Who doesn't want to be supportive of that?

Better yet, who doesn't love the colours associated with Valentine's day? Give me pinks and red with hearts galore, I'll take it all! Red roses and boxes of chocolate I mean, seriously, send them to yourself if you want. 

The look I wanted to achieve is a little more heavy than what I would usually wear. I wanted to incorporate the red tones with the gold lid which makes a very nice combination. If you wanted to make it more subtle you can use a white toned shadow all across the lid. It's all about your preference. 

Face

Foundation, powder, bronzer & blush

- start with a clean face, no left over makeover.
- Using my Real Techniques foundation brush I apply Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer all over the face. 
- I'll then take the small Real Techniques spot brush to cover any blemishes that need more concealing.
- Using the Elf Mineralizing Powder I'll take my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply that all over & set the foundation
- The Rimmel Bronzing Powder is then applied using the Real Techniques contour brush on the top of the forehead, the jawline, and under my cheek bones.
- Lastly, I'll take my Elf Blush shade and a Morphe contour brush to apply it to my cheekbones and center of the forehead.


Eyes // Brows


Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade

- Eyebrows are done using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in the shade carmel with a Morphe liner brush. I take a spooly first to brush the hairs into the shape I prefer and then start at the tail with the most amount of product & ending at the head with the least amount. 
- Taking my Morphe 350m palette I will indicate all the shadows used in a picture. Taking the lightest shade and applying it all over the lid and brow bone first. 
-Then starting with the second lightest shade and progressing all the way through on the crease. The darkest two colours will only be blended into the corner of the eye. 
- Using the dark brown colour I will draw a tight line on my water line and then take a slightly lighter brown to smudge/blend it out.



- Taking my Colourpop shadow in the shade "Thirsty Girl" I will take a Morphe flat eyeshadow brush and apply this all over the lid until I think it has been packed on enough. Then blending all the shadows together with a blending eyeshadow brush.


Final Touches


Eyeliner & Mascara
Colourpop Lip in Cosy

- Using your preferred eyeliner and Mascara apply a cat eye and some poppin' lashes to finish off the eyes.
- Lastly using my Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in the shade "Cosy"

I would love to do a more relaxed look so let me know if that's something you would be interested in seeing. I hope you liked this tutorial and I may, in the future, try to make a video instead of just photographs since it tells a better story. 

Have a beautiful February my friends!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM