THANKFUL THURSDAYS

07:00

So, as it is November, the month of Thanksgiving, I thought it would be fun to do a post every Thursday that was dedicated to being thankful. Gratitude is a virtue I think most people don't take the time to really think about. And that's okay! Life is busy, this I know. 
Sometimes things in life can seem pretty dismal... this I also definitely know. But there is always, ALWAYS something to be grateful for. So here is my first Thankful Thursday!


THANKFUL THURSDAY



I am thankful that I was able to attend university. For the past four years this blog has been completely dedicated to who I was in school. All my random thought posts, angsty and depressed, were a part of that transformative time of my life.

Being almost 6 months out and still without a proper "adult" job, sometimes I lose sight of that whole experience. I can actually find myself being rather resentful of it. Here I am with a mountain of student loans that I will most likely NEVER afford to pay back and no job to show for it.

I worked extremely, extremely hard in school and was "rewarded" in the way that a student can be rewarded. And still... I have no job to show for it. 

But then I remember that there are many in the world who will never even be given the opportunity to go to university. That as much as they may hope and dream to travel for school, their circumstances in life will never allow it. How can I be so selfish to forget the small percentage of not only uni students but FEMALE uni students in the world at this moment.

So what I am most thankful for is that I was given a great education. That, despite the current status of my job, I do have a wealth of knowledge to share with the world. I can go and be an independent woman, without a man supporting her, and the skills necessary to do this. 

I hope you can take a moment out of your day today to be thankful. And if you would like to share what you're thankful for down in the comments I would be so happy to read them! Xoxo Sam

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM