SUMMER MOVIE EXTRAVAGANZA - Reviews & Stuff

14:29

Hey humans behind their computer screens! So for some reason last week I subconsciously wanted to spend way too much money/satisfy my film lover side and saw three movies in theatre. Yes, ALL IN ONE WEEK!
As a sort of unspoken rule most summer movies just tend to be blegh. It's the same with summer television like props out to Netflix because with the Bachelorette ending (I know. Someone throw a Starbucks at me quick) there is literally nothing good until September. If it's all a ploy to get people outdoors all I can say to that is YES I WILL CONTINUE WATCHING NEXT EPISODE.
So not to get too sidetracked here... the three movies I watched are:

  1. Ghostbusters
  2. The Legend of Tarzan
  3. Star Trek Beyond
Ghostbusters

Man oh manie man, I was super stoked to see this movie. Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones my idols, my sweet sweet comedic lady gods. When I first heard that they were doing a female cast of Ghostbusters I thought "this Samantha, this is why you have lived in this generation." As a sort-of-kind-of-not-really joke I wore a Ghostbusters pin underneath my graduation robes. 

Why you may ask? I DON'T KNOW I MAY SAY.  But I was amped up to the extremes. Last Tuesday night I grabbed a late drink with some friends (when I say late it was 9:30 and I had already been laying in bed motionless when I got the call). When we were finished we were mere steps from the theatre and my dear friend turns to me and asks "you wanna see the new ghostbusters movie." I floated on a wave of popcorn wind straight to the theatre that was completely and 100% empty. 
Was it the late hour that made me fall out of my chair laugh? Or, could it be, that this movie was just the right amount of campiness and pun-infused joke machine that I imagined it to be. No I'm not lucky I'm blessed, yes. 
My Rating: 3.5/5 Stars 

The Legend of Tarzan

As the dreaded Friday night approached seemingly plan-less I knew I needed to conjure up something quick or it would be a night of netflix and youtube yet again. My darling sister messaged me at 7am that morning, after my stepdad had butt dialed me at 6:30 am, and revealed that she too had the fear of a friendless Friday night and I knew just how to remedy this. Alexander Skarsgard without a shirt. The cinematography was ACES and Samuel Jackson do you ever disappoint? Nope, you don't.  Harley Quinn what are you doing out in the jungle? And Christoph Waltz, I see you boo. 
My Rating: 2.7/5 Stars

Star Trek Beyond

On the cooler side of things (well not really because it felt like the crack of the devils ass outside) me and mommy dearest went to Paramount Studios and saw the new Star Trek film with a Q&A of the special effects producer on Sunday! IT WAS RAD! -- not so much the movie as the experience -- but yas yas yas. The movie was... a reach. Granted when I watch action movies my eyes tend to glaze over but normally the Star Trek films are more character driven than  bang bang boom if you know what I mean. 
My Rating: 1.5/5 Stars = movie
                   5/5 Stars = experience

The obvious next filmic adventure will DEFO be Suicide Squad. Let me know if anyone wants a half-assed review of that film or any other summer film releases you think is $15 dollars worth. Xoxo Sam

You Might Also Like

0 comments

INSTAGRAM